Dear ARC members,
The ARC Council have been working on a long overdue update of the ARC Constitution, and we’re ready to hear your thoughts!
Please click here to view the latest draft of the Constitution. Some of the key constitutional changes flagged are:
- Removal of associate membership option
- Terms length specifications for Council members
- General updating to bring it into the 21st century, such as:
- incorporating virtual meeting attendance
- removing reference to cheques
- Removal of information about applying in writing to join the ARC
Any changes to the Constitution will not take effect until the Constitution is voted on at the AGM, which will take place in late June. Prior to that, we would love to hear your thoughts on this version of the Constitution. Do you agree with these changes? Is there anything else that you think we should take into consideration? Please let us know – this is your chance to have a say as to how to ARC operates! Please get in touch with me at [email protected] with your thoughts and feedback.
If you’d like to see more clearly exactly what changes have been made in this draft, a version of the document with tracked changes visible is now also available here.
Greg (for the ARC Council)